1

19 September 2014

Stephi LaReine at LFW

This year was my first attendance to the grand bi-annual event that is London Fashion Week, and was possibly one of the best experiences I will ever have, surreal and something I will never forget.

On the catwalks we've seen a lot of young emerging talent, ironically as the clocks have gone back and trends such as the 90s have resurfaced, this year proved more than ever how we're forever moving forward by stepping back into a time capsule. I am going to walk you through two street style trends that took my eye at LFW SS'15 and two designers that proved themselves over others with their interestingly similar concepts depicted in unique ways.

TWO STREET TRENDS
All in Blue

This goes hand in hand with one of my other admired trend of the season that is denim, all over denim, I know double denim is supposedly a crime but the bright levi blues and navy have made a come back, styled in trouser suits, pleated skirts and jumpsuits with smaller accessories truly puts Picasso's Blue Period to shame. 


Flutches

A term I had never heard a week ago but am now obsessed with, the phrase meaning Fluffy Clutch has hit us all overnight! I've seen this trend take flight in a few different ways this season, whether it's in a clutch or a chain shoulder bag fluffy bags are everywhere, my favourites were seen on the first day where the brighter was outstandingly the better. Teamed with some neutral nails, this trend is here to stay even transcending into the summer!




TWO DESIGNERS
House of Holland

Wackiness is always spilling our the Holland house and the turn out for this year was no different at Victoria House. A Spectacular showcasing 60 and 70s boho designs à la The Magic Roundabout style. Fun and funky florals in an array of range, red, pinks and greens transpiring hippy festival fashion. Some of my favourite pieces were the crochet crops and stitched on denim florals

Matthew Williamson

I fell under the fortunate few who got to see this wonderful collection with my own eyes, depicting feathers, dark emerald and aquatic teals and blues. The entire show was exotic, also connoting 70s depicted in a very mature, light silk maxi skirts mixed with embroidered sequins, these very mixed media pieces would make fantastic evening wear as we maintain the sparkle of winters trends as we shake up the colours. 



As we move into the colder nights, I cannot wait to see what the high street conjure up from this years runways, but for now, I must find the nearest sewing machine and fabricate myself a flutch!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Whichit . All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig